Our agencies benefit from a partnership with Food Bank for the Heartland. This partnership enables them to order products for their organization that they can use to better serve their clients.
Nonprofit organizations wishing to receive food from Food Bank for the Heartland to distribute to clients must apply to become a member agency. Below is an application packet that must be completed. The packet will walk you through the necessary steps for membership.
• Read through the Application Packet for a brief overview of Food Bank for the Heartland.
• Complete the pre-application checklist to determine whether to proceed with the Application process.
• Fill out the Membership Application and Agreement forms and return to the Food Bank.
• Provide the Food Bank with a copy of your 501(c)3 IRS tax exemption letter or the IRS Church Qualifier form (enclosed in the packet).
• Service area reviewed for unmet needs by Food Bank for the Heartland and request for membership proceeds to next step if area underserved.
• Pass a site visit conducted by the Food Bank.
• Complete Food Safety Training.